I took this original recipe and cut out much of the sugar, upped the whole wheat flour and made it a loaf rather than a cake and ditched the glaze all together. It’s super easy and it’s absolutely delicious. I pretty much guarantee you will love it.
• 2 medium or 1 large zucchini
• 5 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp soft butter
• 3 eggs
• 3/4 c. sugar
• 1 1/2 c. applesauce
• 1 tbsp vanilla
• 1 c. all purpose flour
• 1 c. whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• preheat oven to 350 degrees
• grate zucchini and spread out on tray with paper towel to absorb moisture. Leave for at least 30-60 minutes.
• combine sugar, eggs, applesauce, zucchini, butter & vanilla until mixed well
• add all the remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinammon, cocoa powder)
• stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined then place in well greased loaf pan
• cook on middle rack for 60-70 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
* makes one large loaf
I love food! I love how food brings people together – cooking it, sharing it, eating it, gifting it, talking about it, and mostly just enjoying it. I’m not sure about your summer but mine has been pretty busy with BBQ’s, picnics and cottage weekends where a good dessert dish is always popular. What’s not so great is using your oven on a hot, sunny day. Well you’re in luck because I can help you with that hot and sticky situation with a roundup of 10 delicious no bake recipes.
We’re not just talking rice krispie squares and fruit smoothies here, there’s some seriously fancy-looking desserts. I’m a sucker for lemon, which is why it’s my #1 but there’s something for every kind of sweet tooth.